Now that the kids are back to school, the hockey season is almost here! There are a few important things to be aware of:
· Team rosters have been made. By now your child’s Coach has reached out to you to introduce themselves. All parents must be aware that there will be NO CHANGES made to the rosters. Many factors contribute to making team rosters including: Balancing Rules governed by SRLL, Positional Play, Bench Staff requirements, Player Evaluations and overall roster numbers. Unfortunately, requests were considered, but were not guaranteed and teams could not be made based on emotion or preferences for players or bench staff.
· For levels with multiple teams, SRLL Balancing Rules will be enforced again this year. Your Head Coach will speak to this at you Parent Meeting. For age groups with multiple teams (Atom, Peewee, Bantam and Midget), all parent and kids must understand that Balancing is a possibility and if required, TMHA will move players to ensure that all teams, and kids have the best possible hockey experience overall.
· For families with registration fees outstanding, please note that jerseys will not be released to your child on September 24th until payment has been made in full OR payment arrangements have been made with the TMHA Treasurer, Erin can be contacted at [email protected].
Note that $100 must be received before your child will be permitted to skate. This is non-refundable and covers the cost of jerseys.
On behalf of the volunteers on the Board, the Coaches and Bench staff, we want to remind everyone involved in TMHA that we have a great opportunity to have a FUN and POSITIVE season for the kids. A big thank you to everyone who contributes to making the hockey experience for the kids the best that it can be! A reminder of the mission and values that guides TMHA’s many volunteers and the overall community:
Thornton Minor Hockey Association (TMHA) is committed to providing the best possible minor hockey league program for its players and members, in a spirit of cooperation with Associations and organizations with whom it conducts its hockey business with.
TMHA values and strives:
· To protect and serve the mutual interest of all TMHA players, team officials and volunteers;
· To place the player's safety and the game of hockey in the forefront of the organization;
· To foster, promote and teach amateur (Local League) hockey and provide a fun-based opportunity for all players;
· To develop and encourage sportsmanship and good fellowship among all players, team officials and parents;
· To continue the positive experiences of our hockey program by providing leadership and initiatives that will develop a strong sense of organizational pride;
· To continue to develop team officials and volunteers to carry out the expressed goals of TMHA;
· To work with the Ontario Minor Hockey Association (OMHA) and Simcoe Region Local League (SRLL) in a cooperative spirit for the benefit of all.
We look forward to seeing everyone on September 24th at the TMHA Kick-Off Event (details to be provided by your Head Coach and are also on the website)!
GO TIGERS GO!!